Saturday, October 07, 2006

Negro League baseball great John "Buck" O'Neil has died. He was 94. Although he had lived a rich and full life, it still would have been great that he lived long enough to be voted into the baseball hall of fame. I am sure he would have given one hell of a speech. But when the time comes for him to be voted in, he'll be looking down from heaven with a smile on his face. I saw him one time at a KC Royals game. I was too shy to approach him, I don't know what I would have said that wouldn't said to him and I'm not sure I could have enough courage to asked for an autograph. Regardless, it was nice to see him out enjoying a game.

Weird weather continues . Tuesday it was 94, Wednesday it was 64. And my head didn't seize up because of it. This weekend it is supposed to be in the 80's for both days, but the cool fall like weather returns for the work week.

Have a dentist's appointment today to get my new crown put in. After that we will get some groceries and come home. We have a couple chores to do this afternoon, but may take it easy this afternoon.