Monday, October 16, 2006

A freak snowstorm dumped two feet of snow in upper New York. Causing lots of problems and damage. And then Hawaii gets hit with a 6.3 earthquake. We got one and a quarter inches of rain Sunday. Mother Nature is having quite a week.

Had a dream that involved my dad's side of the family. Even though I haven't spoken to anyone on that side in years, something of my own doing and believe me I hadn't been upset one minute about not seeing any of them for awhile, I had a dream that I was invited to a reunion. I was driving an old truck that I had helped restore. When I got to the house, which was out in the country and a place I wasn't familiar with, there were already a lot of people there. As I walked up to the house, I realized I didn't know many of the people there. When I walked into the house, we were told we needed to donate some money before we could go any further. After I donated some money, I was given a receipt and allowed to proceed. As I walked into the first room, I found it was more of an estate sale then an actual reunion. Some people seemed surprised to see me there, I didn't get the feeling of hostility from anyone. I do remember getting into a brief argument because someone thought I hadn't donated any money, but found I did have a receipt and was allowed to continue. When I was walking down a corridor, a woman whom I didn't know said that she resented the fact I was there. The people between us seemed to share her feeling. I told them off and made my way through the room and almost left, I decided to stay because I felt I deserved to be there. That's all I remember.

My football picks-pros=KC lost,NY Giants won, Chicago plays tonight and Indy was off. College=Northwestern and Washington St lost, Idaho and Miami won.