Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have decided to give up posting how my football picks did. When the season ends, I will post how my teams did. The main reason for this is not that I am embarrassed at how bad my picks are doing, but more that I don't remember to look up the scores until Monday or Tuesday. Also in some sense I've just lost interest in keeping track. Think next year I will keep it simple and pick one pro team and one college team to follow.

Tried to get my passport ball rolling Saturday, but because I didn't have a birth certificate only a copy of a live birth certificate, I couldn't do anything. They excepted Mom's birth certificate because it had a raised seal, the guy had to go to another clerk to make sure it would be accepted. The live birth certificate has gotten me a drivers license, at least three bank accounts, credit and a safe deposit box. There's probably more, but that's all I can remember off hand. We got online and ordered a birth certificate from Vitalcheck.com. Got it via UPS air today. It has a somewhat raised seal and I hope to hell they take it because I don't know what else I can do. At least Mom's passport forms are in the system and if everything goes right she'll get hers. If we both are denied a passport then Paris is off forever. And it irks me, because she deserves to get her dream trip.