Saturday, April 01, 2006


I have a slight pet peeve with the post office. Since I sell items on eBay, I need to use the post office to ship my stuff. Yes on occasion I have used UPS, but not that often (in fact I didn't ship with UPS last year but I digress). Since December I have been paying for postage online, which is wonderful because I can walk out to the mailbox and hand the package to my letter carrier or stuff it in the mailbox if its small enough. My peeve lately has been that someone at my local post office isn't scanning the delivery confirmation before it leaves. So I have been nervously wondering where oh where the packages are. One was finally delivered and I got feedback for it. The other is still in transit and FINALLY got scanned in to the system today in Texas. Yes, I know there are last workers all over....BUT I never saw such a display of laziness with two packages in a row. It makes me nervous about shipping another package, even though I shouldn't be. Okay I feel better.

We got some rain on Thursday, the trees and flowers seem to have responded to the rain and showing some signs of life. The bulbs I planted last year have some buds, also two of the plants we planted last spring look really good. A couple up and died, but they will be replaced later in spring. The iris plants are looking good and we have some tulips ready to pop open.

Above is some irises from a couple years ago.