Sunday, August 27, 2006

So far we have gotten four and a half inches of rain. It looks like we might get some more before the day is over. A inch and a half of that rain came in a heavy downpour mid-afternoon. We have flash flood warnings and heavy storm warnings until midnight tonight. It's like I have said many times, when we need rain we get some but not enough or when we need it we get too much. Well at this moment we have the latter. If we had gotten that much rain over the course of a few days, it wouldn't have been a bad deal, but that much in such a short time isn't good. The ground cant absorbs a great deal at once and when we get too much, we get flash flood warnings. If it doesn't rain the rest of the week, I will be happy. Don't take what I am saying as complaining, I am happy we are getting some rain. It's just we don't need this much at once.

I spent close to an hour downstairs getting water out of the basement, I usually prefer to have Mom help but she was too tired to help. We have a window well that needs to have a new cover and when Mom finally gets around to helping me with a few things around the house, it will get taken care of.


If by some chance we do get more water in the basement, I will try and take care of it in the morning before Mom goes off to work. If I don't I might wait until she gets back home, but I could do it where I have the garage door down a bit and locked so no one can get in.