Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Today is my moms birthday. She was able to take the day off and we took the car in to get the radiator flushed and get an oil change. Our regular place was booked solid all day and on top of it were a man short. So we went to another place and it was taken care of fairly quick. We did a couple other errands and then went home. She watched a little TV, played around a bit online and rested. This evening we went out, did a little more shopping and ate dinner out. It was a nice day.

The temperature wasn't nearly as bad as it was yesterday. We got about a 1/4 of an inch or so of rain this morning. And the clouds kept coming and going all day. It is supposed to be cooler the next few days and that's fine by me.

We figured Monday's near meltdown of the car (okay so I exaggerate a little), was due to mom driving fast on a hot day with a heat index in triple digits. From now on she's gonna do a little better when driving home when it's hot.

I got "Office Space" and "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection Volume 5" (all on DVD) while we were shopping this evening. Will watch a couple other DVD's I bought recently before I get to these lovely things.....Or maybe not.

Voted yesterday and will vote in November. If you don't vote you don't have a right to complain. That's all I will say about politics, because the subjects bores me.