Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I had a strange dream this morning and I still remember quite a bit of it which is unusual for me. The dream took place in a neighborhood I used to live in years ago ( I lived in the area from the age of 2 until I was almost 11, it was the first neighborhood I remember). It was around the first day of school and I had moved back to the area for my senior year of high school. Most of the kids at first appeared much younger then me, but as the dream progressed they grew closer to my age. One of the first people, a teacher, that I encountered, remembered me. But I didn't recognize her and couldn't figure out how she knew me. She handed me some papers and walked off. I got up and walked out of the class with everyone else when the bell rang. As I was walking in the hallway, people looked at me and pointed, while talking in hushed tones. I could make out some of what they said, most of it was "there she is" or "I wander what she's doing back here". In the next classroom, I sat in the back. I remember wearing black clothes and a black bandana, both the color and bandana are not normal attire for me. At some point I think I was in the school's office. Another thing I remember is that I didn't recognize most of the people in the school or the school it's self. Most often when I dream of being back in school (I am 35 now), I dream of one of the schools I went to and the layout of them is a little different in my dreams. Don't have a clue as to why I am dreaming of school, I don't have kids. The only thing I can think of is that I was thinking that it was close to the time that local kids will be heading back to school. Maybe that's it.