Thursday, August 19, 2004

Got up on the roof yesterday morning on a day that had a high of 93. I mention that because the temperatures have been unseasonably cool this summer and we haven't had the typical killer heat. Anyway, I got up on the roof and got a couple branches off, then I cleaned the stuff out of the valley flashing after that I put some roofing cement on the flashing. It took me about two hours to do that. Although I dislike heights, I managed. If my mom, who prefers to do stuff of the roof if we need to despite her dislike of heights is a little worse on the roof then mine, had done it, it would have been at least twice that time. It looks like rain today and maybe tomorrow, so I am glad I did it. We have some things we want to do this weekend, one thing we have been putting off for some three months. Normally I wouldn't go against my mom's wishes about not getting up on the roof, but I figured it would help to do it myself. COuld help the leak or near leaf we have.

Congratulations to Paul Hamm on his gold medal at the Olympics in Athens.