Friday, November 02, 2007

We only had two kids come to the door on Halloween. There were two others that passed us by and that was pretty much it for kids out and about this year. I don't know if walking around the neighborhood has fallen out of favor or not but it looks like it. Maybe the focus is more on parties and walking around the mall or some other safe place. I remember when I was younger and went out on Halloween, we didn't have a car following us with a parent protecting us. We went in groups and wandered far and wide. When I was old enough to do it by myself, I went all over. Its not to say that it was safer then, weird people have always been around, but I guess it was a different time. People must feel the need to over protect their kids, waste gas driving their large ass vehicles around while they watch their lazy ass kids go to certain houses and never trudge up stairs (God forbid) to get a treat. Maybe we outta just flat out ban Halloween.