Friday, February 02, 2007

It is cold right now, it's going to be cold all weekend too. When it gets above freezing, which might not be until next week, it is going to feel like a heat wave. Note to self, don't ever complain about the heat or cold ever again as long as you live.

Top Chef ended its season earlier in the week. Will never watch that show ever again and Bravo should be ashamed. I didn't really care for any of the people on the show. Hate Marcel to the Nth degree, glad he didn't win. These people supposedly know how to cook but they made mistakes they should not have made for being seasoned pros. Things they did wrong- 1) you don't use wine to flambe, 2) you don't keep food in a deep fat fryer and hope the temperature comes up enough to cook the food, 3) you don't put chocolate to cool on a flat surface that doesn't have any flexibility and there are more but I'll stop there. If Bravo had done Top Chef-Junior High, I wouldn't have a problem. I hate cooking, I can cook just hate too, but I think I could have been on the show. The chefs just lacked a lot of things-personality, broad base of cooking knowledge, creativity and common sense are the things that jump out at me the most wrong with the lot. But anyway...at least the season is finally over.