Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Getting some rain today. Wont have a total until tonight or tomorrow morning.

Have a slight headache this morning.

Didn't sleep very well last night. Late yesterday evening, Mom woke me up to tell me Sergei had something in the yard. She couldn't get him away from it and see couldn't see what was going on, only could hear the scuffle. Once I was awake I could hear the scuffle. Once I was dressed and out in the yard, we managed to get Sergei up near the house. Mom held Kiska while I took the flashlight out in search of the victim. I found a raccoon down in the gully (our backyard isn't flat..about two-thirds of is flat, then there is a hill a bit of a gully and then another flat part), it was alive when I first saw it, but it died while I was putting a new battery in the flashlight. Luckily we had a shovel already in the backyard, I changed shoes and took care of the body. Sergei knew he did something bad as was remorseful. Just wish he would let creatures pass through the yard without going after them. But I know this will never happen, he cant overcome the primal urge to kill. He hardly ate this morning, he still seems upset. Kiska got sick last night, probably from the excitement.