Friday, October 15, 2004

I got out of court at 2:40 yesterday. Didnt have lunch, but the lawyers had something delivered in like they did Wednesday evening. How special for tem, the bastards. They want people to do their civic duty and serve on a jury but we get a pittance amount for service and milage and we dont get snything delivered in for meals. We don't get nice seats to sit on, no we get hard benches and meals out of vending machines. And there is almost nothing downtown in the way of restaurants, and there should be something. I can only go to Subway so many times before it gets old.

I pray I don't not get picked. I have served on juries twice and will be willing to do it again, but not for this case. I do not think I can give up 5 or more weeks of my life and not come out drained. With it being a death penalty case, I can't send someone to death without it being on my conscience until the day I die. I just couldn't do it, it would eat me up knowing I had done it. If by some chance I get picked to be on the jury, and I hope to hell it doesnt happen, I don't know what I would do.

Will find out next week if I get picked for the jury.