Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Saw Eternal sunshine on the spotless mind over the weekend. It was pretty good.


Wish Access software hadn't been swallowed up by Microsoft. I would love to have a new Tex Murphy game to fiddle around with. I am not the brightest bulb so I can't get Under A Killing Moon to play, but I can still play Pandora's Directive and Overseer. Haven't tried the two earlier Tex Games, Martian memorandum or Mean Streets. I forget at the moment which of the two games I don't have. (I think its mean streets.)

Overseer ended with a bit of a cliffhanger that I am almost certain would have been cleared up in a game following it. I remember reading some fansites about at least one of the games that was to follow Overseer. If I remember correctly (and I am sure I am wrong about this) , but it seems that the name of the game would have been something like Black Pearl or Black Sun Ascending.

I loved the three games Tex Murphy games I have played and still own. They are very much cherished by me. Yes, it may be silly to cherish something like this, but I do. There are other fans of these games out there. Alas, though, we are a dying breed. The company that produced these games is gone and any hope of a new game has floated away on the breeze. The fansites have for the most part been abandoned like an unwanted child at the grocery store. It's hard to let some things go.